Rent the Firehouse for your next special event
The Tampa Firefighters Museum offers one of Tampa’s most unique event rental space. Our Museum is housed inside a fully restored 1911 firehouse, the original quarters for Tampa Fire Station No. 1. This 2 story building can accommodate up to 150 guests and is a perfect venue for all kinds of special events including weddings, rehearsal dinners, anniversaries, graduations, and non-profit fundraisers.
The Tampa Firefighters Museum has been designated a “local historical landmark” by the City of Tampa Historic Designation Division. The entire museum is wheelchair accessible and ADA compliant.
The first-floor exhibition hall can accommodate up to 150 people for a standing cocktail style event. Measuring approximately 5,000 square feet and still has the original concrete floors. Horse-drawn steamers and ladders of the early 1900s are replaced by exhibits showcasing the rich history of the Tampa Fire Department.
The second-floor special event gallery can accommodate up to 150 people seated with a dance floor, 180 seated without a dance floor and up to 150 for a standing cocktail style event. Measuring approximately 2,500 square feet, our special event gallery has been beautifully restored with original wood flooring in a rich walnut tone. There is also an additional 1,200 square feet of carpeted pre-function space on the 2nd floor, including a private room for the bridal party.
- Anniversary Parties
- Award Banquets
- Birthday Celebrations
- Business Gatherings
- Cocktail Parties
- Corporate Workshops
- Holiday Parties
- Networking Events
- Rehearsal Dinners
- Retirement Parties
- Sales Meetings
- Training Seminars
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Wedding Receptions
View the 1st Floor Layout
View the 2nd Floor Layout
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Is smoking Allowed inside the Museum?
Answer: There is NO SMOKING allowed inside the Tampa Firefighters Museum. Also we do not allow the use of open-flame candles inside the Museum.
Question: Can my caterer cook in your kitchen?
Answer: While we have a spacious kitchen area on the 2nd floor, it is not a licensed commercial kitchen, thus you can not cook food on site.
- There is no stove or oven.
- You can, however, use covered buffet trays with Sterno to keep hot food warm prior to serving.
- We also have a commercial refrigerator that you may use to keep chilled foods cold until serving.
- The caterers on our Preferred Vendor List are familiar with our kitchen set-up and layout.
Question: Do I have to use one of the vendors on your Approved Vendor List?
Answer: While it is not required to use one of the vendors on our Approved Vendor List, it is strongly recommended.
- If you choose a different vendor, we will need to meet with them to assure they are licensed and understand how to safely use this historic building.
- They will be required to fill out our Event Vendor Application.
- They will be required to submit provided proof of state and local licenses, Food Manager Certification, and insurance in order to provide catering services for your event.
Question: Do I need to purchase insurance?
Answer: Yes. In order to host an event at the Tampa Firefighters Museum, you will be required to purchase a liability policy that covers any building damage or injuries resulting to guests. (Can be bought on-line, cost typically about $150)
Question: What about parking for my guests?
Answer: The Tampa Firefighters Museum has some available parking at the Museum. We also share a 45-vehicle parking lot with the City of Tampa that guests of the Museum may use outside of business hours- weekdays after 6 and weekends.
Question: What does the building rental fee include?
Answer: The building rental fee includes the use of the facility, plus the use of our tables, chairs, and linens.
- Alcohol service is available for an additional fee
- A cleaning fee will be assessed and invoiced after the event.
Question: What is your policy on candles, glitter, confetti, fog machines, and taping decorations to walls?
Answer: The Tampa Firefighters Museum is a historical building and events are subject to the following restrictions:
- The use of fog machines is not allowed.
- Taping or hanging items on the walls is not allowed.
- Open-flame candles are not allowed.
- Confetti and/or Glitter is not allowed.
Question: Is my deposit refundable?
For events scheduled through the year 2020;
- Licensor must pay the Licensee Fee in full to Licensor at least THIRTY (30) days prior to the Event.
- If Licensee cancels this License by notifying Licensor in writing at least THIRTY (30) days prior to the License Date, then Licensee shall be refunded fifty percent (50%) of the amount of any Licensee Fee already paid.
- If Licensee cancels this License within THIRTY (30) days of the License Date, then Licensor shall retain the full amount of the License Fee.
For events scheduled through the year 2021;
- Licensor must pay the Licensee Fee in full to Licensor at least NINETY (90) days prior to the Event.
- If Licensee cancels this License by notifying Licensor in writing at least NINETY (90) days prior to the License Date, then Licensee shall be refunded fifty percent (50%) of the amount of any Licensee Fee already paid.
- If Licensee cancels this License within NINETY (90) days of the License Date, then Licensor shall retain the full amount of the License Fee.